Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 (5:00-7:00)

Host: Bob McCown
Co-Host: Stephen Brunt
Guests: Hockey analyst for Rogers Sportsnet, Nick Kypreos; Gregg Zaun, Tampa Bay Rays catcher and Rogers Sportsnet post-season baseball expert; Damien Cox from the Toronto Star; Sports Illustrated NFL writer, Don Banks; Duane Forde, CFL game analyst for TSN.

After being mysteriously absent on Monday, McCown was back on Tuesday.

Not a peep about the current Sportsnet-Prime Time Sports issue on PTS - either via McCown himself, or on all of the teasers at the intro of the show. VERY interesting. I'm not entirely sure how many listeners knew (or even care) about the current Sportsnet situation. Heck, even with Kypreos in studio, McCown didn't take any shots…maybe it's me, but I could sense his mind was elsewhere tonight.

Word also broke earlier this afternoon that Prime Time Sports will continue to be on Rogers: LINK.

I wonder what those "internal" issues were all about? McCown has always been faithful and truthful to his listeners, and I hope he can divulge a bit about what has happened on his next show.

There's no way Bobcat is going anywhere from the FAN590. The only question is whether Rogers can continue to take the hits from McCown, particularly with the Olympics around the corner. My question is simply, why now? What has happened since September that has the big-wigs worried?

As McCown said in an interview with the Toronto Star about being replaced: "God, no. It never occurred to me. I don't know if it's ego or self-confidence ..." LINK

Are you like me? Getting tired of being dicked around by Sportsnet as a loyal PTS viewer?? …or as a radio/podcast listener, do you not care?

Sure beats talking about Phoenix, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment