Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown : Thursday, March 26, 2009 (6:00-7:00)

Host: Bob McCown
Co-Host: Stephen Brunt
Guests: Dan Shulman, Ozzie Logozzo
"I cannot recall any story which has garnered the amount of response as this one." …and the saga continues with the outlaw leagues vs Hockey Canada. In my years of listening to Prime Time Sports, I can't think of an issue where Bobcat hasn't been well-versed in (with the exception of the women anchors that came on a couple of months ago, by his own admission.) The beauty of this issue, is we are all hearing the different sides to this story on the fly and McCown/Brunt are our mouthpiece to the questions we would have. Even further to this, it looks like they may be the carriers of the torch for reform to Hockey Canada.

Ozzie Logozzo, a frustrated parent came to talk about his experience with the outlaw league. Coincidentally, it was the league whose owners came to Prime Time Sports yesterday. I think it would have been much more beneficial to have the parent come in first, followed by the league owners to answer for some of the putrid things associated with their league.

As a father of one son (and soon to be two), listening to all of this makes me question whether hockey is a real option for my kids. Is all the politics and lunacy worth the 'high' that my kids can get from a variety of other recreational activities? Personally, I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment