Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown - Thursday, March 19 (6:00-7:00)

Host: Bob McCown
Co-Host: Stephen Brunt
Guests: Eugene Melnyk, owner of the Ottawa Senators; hockey colour commentator for NBC and Versus, Ed Olczyk; Toronto Raptors radio play-by-play team, Eric Smith and Paul Jones.

Melnyk lost out on his bid to acquire an MLS franchise, and now is in a real fight to secure the City of Ottawa's support vs his rival CFL wannabees, Minto et al. McCown and Brunt called Melnyk on the reason why a merging couldn't happen, which is what all of Ottawa is asking. Living in Ottawa, I neither have a rooting interest in CFL or MLS. But I can tell ya one thing, I don't want my tax dollars going to either of these groups. I would be more willing to part with a *bit* of my tax dollars to go to a combined facility that both groups would use. If I'm a betting man, the CFL is a heckuva lot closer coming to Ottawa than MLS, and Melnyk knows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment